I'm discovering so many cool things in my Reader!! But . . . I really have to keep myself focused because I can easily get distracted and find that I've spent hours following the bread crumbs. It's not that the time is not well-spent. The problem is that I have so many other things to keep up that I find the need to give myself a time limit. I may even resort to setting my kitchen timer so I don't look up and suddenly realize that hours have elapsed. (Those of you who know won't be surprised by this confession.) :)
One thing I found recently that I think is fantastic is a site called Homework Hotline. I found this through the Larry Ferlazzo feed I added to my Reader (Thank you, Caroline--I LOVE this feed!) http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2009/10/28/homework-hotline/ The really useful piece of this site is the video library. Ferlazzo went the extra mile by commenting on the accessibility of the language of the video for English Language Learners. Great resource!
And for the time being, I am working on developing my skimming skills and enforcing my self-imposed time limits. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI have really enjoyed Larry Ferlazzo's blog too. I find much of the info helpful. I think the only down side, which I just experienced trying to view the homework hotline video, is that the sites take a long time to load. This may be one reason time is flying by. By the time the site loads, I click the back button just in time to see the screen flicker with new information.
ReplyDeleteBecause of Larry Ferlazzo's feed, I have started an edublog. I still need to figure out more stuff though to make it a useful classroom tool.